Leading up to DevOps Enterprise Summit 2017 San Francisco, we’ll be releasing our most valuable DevOps resources to our community on a weekly basis.
Each of these resources come to you straight from the DevOps Enterprise Forum, where more than 50 technology leaders and thinkers gather for three days to create written guidance on the best-known methods for overcoming the top obstacles in the DevOps Enterprise community.
Technology leaders today face a host of issues as IT organizations work to keep up with constant demands, complex business goals, and the need to deliver faster services and results in ever-changing business and technology environments.
The goal of this resource is to provide the reader with an understanding of the key modern architectural and technical practices, in addition to some patterns of adoption that are successful ways to accelerate any DevOps practice.
To this end, we will walk the reader through 5 case studies that map the journey from the adoption of these key modern tech practices to positive business outcomes.
The case studies include:
- Retail DevOps:
Rebuilding an Engineering Culture
- Technology Changes in Government Agencies (A Compilation of Cases):
Lessons in Legacy and DevOps
- Agile Implementation in a Large, Regulated Industry:
DevOps and Accelerating Delivery
- DevOps and Moving to Agile at a Large Consumer Website:
Getting Faster Answers at Yahoo Answers
- Real-Time Embedded Software:
DevOps Practices for an Unhappy Customer
The authors on each of these resources will be prominent figures in the industry, and on this particular one, we have six industry leaders working together. They include:
- Carmen DeArdo, DevOps Technology Leader at Nationwide Insurance
- Thomas A. Limoncelli, SRE Manager at Stack Exchange, Stack Overflow, Inc.
- Heather Mickman, VP – Enterprise Services + Platform at UnitedHealth Group
- Terri Potts, Software Architect at Raytheon
- Jim Stoneham, SVP + GM SMB business at New Relic, Inc.
- Paula Thrasher, Director Digital Services, CSRA
- Additional contributor: Kate Sage, Developmental Editor, Writer
Here are two amazing presentations from authors on this week’s resource.
If you’re eager to continue learning about these topics and more, come see how you can be a part of DevOps Enterprise Summit 2017 San Francisco. We spend three days talking with the leaders of large, complex organizations implementing DevOps principles and practices, with the goal to give leaders (like you) the tools and practices they need to develop and deploy software faster and to win in the marketplace.