Leading up to DevOps Enterprise Summit 2018 Las Vegas, we’ll be releasing our newest DevOps resources to our community on a weekly basis.
Each of these resources come to you straight from the DevOps Enterprise Forum, where more than 50 technology leaders and thinkers gather for three days to create written guidance on the best-known methods for overcoming the top obstacles in the DevOps Enterprise community.
At some point in our careers, most of us have likely experienced working for a truly great leader and were probably seen some successes during that time. Sometimes we attribute the “secret sauce” of success to technology or product, but what if a truly strategic advantage originated from the team or organization’s leadership style?
New research suggests that teams and organizations with these kinds of leaders have an advantage. They perform better, deliver better business results, and in many cases, do truly great and amazing things.
In fact, it has been shown that:
- Organizations and teams with transformational leaders obtain better business results.
- Transformational leadership is a predictive factor in software delivery and organizational performance, with high-performing teams having leaders with the strongest transformational leadership traits.
- Strong transformational leaders also create a good work climate and culture for their teams, with their employees reporting the highest employee Net Promoter Scores.
In this week’s resource, (download here) we’ll be diving into the qualities and approaches of ‘transformational leaders’ so that it can act as a guide to help identify behaviors, attributes, and areas for improvement.
The authors on each of these resources will be prominent figures in the industry, and on this particular one, we have six industry leaders working together. They include:
- John Esser, Sr. Director IT/Operations, AdvancedMD
- Dr. Nicole Forsgren, CEO & Chief Scientist, DevOps Research and Assessment
- Chivas Nambiar, Executive Director – Cloud & Platform Engineering, Verizon
- Julia Wester, Co-Founder and Principal Consultant, Lagom Solutions
- Dan Zentgraf, Senior Principal Consultant, CA Technologies
Here are two presentation from authors on this week’s resource.
If you’re eager to continue learning about these topics and more, see how you can be a part of DevOps Enterprise Summit 2018 Las Vegas. We spend three days talking with the leaders of large, complex organizations implementing DevOps principles and practices, with the goal to give leaders (like you) the tools and practices they need to develop and deploy software faster and to win in the marketplace.